Sunday 16 August 2015

Paris in the July sun

Paris was the next destination on my summer European tour. 
 Eiffel Tower
I was lucky with the weather as it was blazing sunshine most of the time. Paris is a city that you would not associate with good urban birding but over the years I've seen Short-toed Treecreeper, Crested Tit, Marsh Tit, Lesser Spotted Woodpecker, Middle Spotted Woodpecker and even Hawfinch within a mile of the Eiffel Tower.

Indeed, I saw all said species (bar Hawfinch) on this visit although mostly in Bois de Boulogne, the French capital's second largest park, set on the eastern edge of the city.

My shots of those birds were less than desired so here's a selection of a few far easier species to snap!
 Carrion Crow in Père Lachaise Cemetery
 Carrion Crow in the shadow of the Eiffel
 Wood Pigeon
 House Sparrow
 A begging Starling
 A sunning Blackbird
An angelic Black-headed Gull

No comments: