Tuesday 7 August 2012

Don't call it a comeback

The pipit sign at the 'migration watchpoint' at The Scrubs
It feels like it has been a thousand years since my last entry and a lot has changed in the world. We are in the throes of the London Olympics; an event that I openly admit to initially doubting its relevance. How wrong was I? I think that they have been brilliant thus far, not least for bringing us Brits together as a cosmopolitan nation united in emotion and pride while we support our sporting heroes.

Closer to home, I have also been busy visiting my patch, The Scrubs, in the vain hope of seeing something ultra unusual to pump up our year list. We are currently sitting on 87 species and I'm determined to raise that total to 100 by the end of the year even if I have find them all myself.

Some may say to achieve that on a site with no water will be an Olympian task. My retort would be: watch this space!

2 comments:

StourbridgeRantBoy said...

Caught your 10 mins of fame on Radio 4 plugging 'The Scrubs' - nice stuff....

Laurie -

Unknown said...

I was the same David, I was an Olympic sceptic, how wrong was I! They have def pulled off a great games and a highly enjoyable thing to watch.. even way up here in Jockland. Come on team GB!

Good luck getting 100 for the scrubs!