Tuesday 28 February 2012

I can smell the spring!

Tagus Estuary, Lisbon, Portugal
Cattle Egret
Yellow-legged Gull
The past few mornings at The Scrubs have really been invigorating. The scene is changing in that winter is definitely receding and the resident birds are all displaying and busily singing.

I'm going to have an extremely busy spring with most of it to be spent away from my beloved patch. The first port of call will be Lisbon at the end of March when I will be leading a three day tour for Swarovski Optik around the city itself and the neighbouring Tagus Estuary.

I can't wait, especially to explore Tagus Estuary again because the place is just buzzing with birds - raptors, Little Bustards, Stone Curlews, waders galore, flamingoes and a myriad of passerines.

Heaven!

No comments: