Friday 2 July 2010

Food glorious food!

TUB on Cape Clear 2008 (Kim Dixon)
Once again it's deadline time. I have to complete articles for Birds Magazine, BBC Wildlife Magazine plus 3 book reviews and an urban birding article for Bird Watching Magazine by next week. In fact the first of which has to be in the recipient's inbox by Monday morning - hence my relative inactivity on the blogging front.

One bit of news though is the fact that yesterday my agent sent me an invite via a production company to participate as a diner on BBC1's 'Great British Waste Menus' a TV programme that will highlight the fact that we as a nation waste huge amounts of perfectly good food. Some of the nation's top chefs will create some top grub using food that would have been chucked out. The aim is to prepare a banquet for Prince Charles and his missus. So yours truly along with several other celebs will be scoffing the nosh and giving our verdicts in conjunction with several professional food critics.

What's all this got to do with birds, I hear you ask. I haven't got a clue either!

No comments: