Wednesday 26 May 2010

David Attenborough

I saw Sir David speak at the London Wetland Centre tonight and all I can say is that the man is a DUDE!

He had the room in raptures as he recounted stories about Sir Peter Scott's life and the history of the London Wetland Centre - which is 10 years old today. Later, we all retired to the Observatory for drinks and a buffet. I rubbed shoulders with a lot of the hierarchy at the Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust. They are a nice bunch and have been very kind to me.

I strolled home feeling enthused after listening to the great man speak. I'm up at 4am tomorrow for a Dawn Chorus event with the Wildlife Trusts at Camley Street Nature Reserve, Kings Cross, London.

I better reach for the matchsticks.

1 comment:

June Field said...

Hey David, shouldn't you have been rubbing feathers, not shoulders?
June Field