Monday 29 March 2010

Rubbing shoulders at The Palace

Lord knows how I managed to get into the Palace with no tie and no id - but I did!

Buckingham Palace is quite amazing on the inside with grand spaces, exquisite furnishings and incredible art on the walls including Rembrandt's, Rubens and the like all liberally dotted on the walls. Over 250 people must have been there in honour of Sir Peter Scott and everybody was there from David Attenborough down.

I had a great time hanging out and chatting with colleagues in the business. I even managed to have a handshake and a chat with the legend that is John Craven.

But that's enough name dropping for one evening. After we were tipped out of the Palace at 8.40pm I returned to The Urban Birder factory for the night shift. I have a BBC Wildlife piece to complete.

Thank you WWT for inviting me tonight.

No comments: