Tuesday 12 January 2010

Mulling things over

A Woodcock casualty on Mull
Here I am, lying in bed after spending my first exhilarating day on the Isle of Mull. Although it's been cold, I've been totally wrapped up in my Lapland/Berghaus gear feeling very toasty!

Since my last entry I have been working quite hard on various projects ahead of my journey to Scotland. I actually started my journey two days ago when I set off from home to catch the Hammersmith & Shitty (should be 'City' but this line is often more like a gravy train, hence my moniker for it) and Victoria lines to connect with the overground at Tottenham Hale. To cut a very long story shorter, none of the desired tube lines were running so I spent nearly 3 hours walking and getting on alternative trains doing a journey that would normally take 50 minutes.

I didn't get moody - for which I'm pretty proud. The next morning I was in Glasgow, as part of my urban birding tour of cities in Britain and Europe. More about that tomorrow. Right now, I am preparing a talk that I'm giving to Mull Bird Club tomorrow night.

To be continued......

3 comments:

Razboynik said...

Shame about the Woodcock.
It's heart breaking to see flocks of Redwing and Fieldfare futilely searching for food.
Good luck with your speech.

Bryan Rains said...

Shame it's a bit windy but I'm sure you'll have a good time. See you tonight at the talk.

Bob Bushell said...

Its terrible to see that Woodcock lying there, broken by the weather I think. I hope you give a good speech.