Friday 2 October 2009

Back from Constantinople

I really enjoyed my visit to Istanbul, it was absolutely fantastic. The people were fab, the architecture and history was mind blowing and the wildlife was pretty interesting too. It was my final morning today and I travelled to the Golden Horn by ferry with our guide Murat 'The Daddy' and trusty Dean Eades. On the way over I clocked another tick in the shape of 35 or so Yelkouan Shearwaters.

Once on the Golden Horn a busy and ancient part of the city (check a map for the exact positioning in the world) we hunted for the supposed flocks of Laughing Doves. Murat had told us that they practically fed out your hands. But we only managed just three birds!

Spur-thighed Tortoise (Dean Eades)
TUB & 'The Daddy'
Spotting a Sombre Tit
TUB driving the tour bus
Anyway, I'm back and in the green and pleasant land. Football tomorrow.

No comments: