Sunday 6 September 2009

Disabled Birders

Common Terns (S & N Barbato)

Had a nice morning at The Scrubs with a pair of Whinchat (probably the same ones as Friday) and a fly over Common Tern - our latest ever. I must say that I was jealous to hear that the guys at nearby Brent Reservoir kicked out a Grasshopper Warbler from their bushes yesterday. I was also slightly envious of Alexandra Palace's Alpine Swift that was hanging around today.

Later, I spent a lovely day with Bo & Maggie Beolans (fatbirder.com) at Grove Ferry, Kent where we chatted and watched Ruff, Wood Sandpiper and Hobby amongst others. We also heard Cetti's Warbler calling. The meeting was set up because I am a patron of Bo's Disabled Birders Association and we needed to talk about promotional ideas.

Got home knackered at 8pm

1 comment:

Steve said...

Haven't had Whinchat yet, you lucky git! One was seen at Elmley, but not by me. You seem to have had a good trip to Grove Ferry, Hobbys almost guarenteed.