Tuesday 25 August 2009

Typing

Northern Wheatear - art!
Got a great coffee table book called called Jean Luc Mylayne (Twin Palm Publishers 2007) for my birthday from my best mate Colin Flapper. It's filled with amazing images of urban birds artily shot - sometimes blurred, sometimes just a small feature of the main picture. Utterly amazing.

Today, was a fairly hectic day starting with a trip to my agent's office to have a meeting with a production company about a couple of ideas that they have with me in mind. I then tripped down to the nearby Birdguides.com offices for their views on my nearly completed Belfast film that I shot last October. Their criticisms were very constructive and in short, I needed to add more birdy stuff.

Last night at the Columbian bird lecture I managed to potentially get a trip to Bogota next year to write about the urban birding. Tourist Boards seem to love what I'm trying to do. Next month I hit Lisbon and Istanbul. I can't wait.

In the meantime, I'm writing a my next Bird Watching piece on west London (featuring The Scrubs and Beddington Farm), a sample chapter for my potentially forthcoming book and a piece on Finnish bears for Birdguides.

And all before I get to bed tonight.....

2 comments:

Simon Taylor said...

will their be more articles in the BBC Wildlife magazine David?

The Urban Birder said...

Yep, though they will probably be more generally about birds an not necessarily slanted towards urban stuff.

Did you like my London piece?