Thursday 23 July 2009

Coming along

Goldfinch (Dean Eades)
At last there is a small light at the end of the tunnel, although it is still but a pinprick. I finally put together the visuals for my Bird Fair talk with the help of photographer, Dean Eades. The concept of putting together and submitting the visuals so far in advance is a bit alien to me, but I do understand the logic.

Earlier this afternoon I was the chief judge in the photographic competition that I was telling you about yesterday. It all went smoothly with some pretty good photographs talking the top prizes.

I spent the earlier part of the day slaving behind a computer screen, desperately trying to catch up, whilst listening to nearby adult Greenfinches trying to coax their youngsters out of the nest. By the way, I know that I have depicted a Goldfinch and I'm chatting about Greenfinch but I really like the picture.

We're all entitled to bit of poetic license now and again!

2 comments:

DNLee said...

so very nice. such a pretty bird. I've never seen one, does this species live in the United States? If so which regions?

The Urban Birder said...

It's an European species, that may have turned up as a vagrant in Alaska - or am I thinking of Greenfinch?