Thursday 30 April 2009

TV

Kensal Green Cemetery, west London
I have been asked to do a piece on urban wildlife for ITV1's 'Countrywise' which I will be hopefully filming next week at Kensal Green Cemetery - a stone's throw from funky Ladbroke Grove. I suggested this venue, which is less than 2 miles from my house, because it's an area of outstanding beauty. It was originally built in the late 1880's and is the final resting place for several notables with some pretty fine crypts to match.

Tomorrow, I will be meeting with the the director and a camera person for a recce. I will be up there before they arrive to stake out Green and Great Spotted Woodpecker nest holes, as well as locating Great Burnetts and other regionally scarce plants. I'll let you know when it will be aired.

I hope that like my little piece of the country.

No comments: