Thursday 1 January 2009

Happy New Year folks!

I hope that everyone had a safe New Year's celebrations.

I was in a mate's apartment in Lancaster Gate, west London to see the rather lame fireworks going off at The Millennium Wheel, clearly visible from the balcony. Also visible were several startled Carrion Crows and Magpies flapping around in the dark looking for a firework free spot to roost.

As it happens, I didn't get to bed until around 5am after busting out some karaoke tunes!

The Bittern that I saw flying over The Scrubs a couple days ago evidently showed up that evening at The Wetland Centre roost. They had had 2 birds coming in every evening until my bird showed up and now they have 3. Nice one!

I'm going to try and get up early in the morning to start our 2009 Scrubs list and at the weekend I will be heading over to Norwich, Norfolk to research for a Bird Watching Magazine urban birding article. 

No comments: