Sunday 30 November 2008

Rained off

The alarm went off at 6am this morning. That's typical for me because I like to build in a bit of 'injury' time or snooze time as most people call it. Even though I can get up instantly, I like to wake up in 10 minute increments.

Anyway, this morning I stared out of my blinds to be met with a typical London winter's day: dull, wet and 'orrible! I had planned to hit The Scrubs. The end of the year is coming and I need 5 more species to get that magical 100 for the first time ever. The trouble is, I have seen most of the things that I can possibly expect to see at my patch. I can only hope to find something weird like a roosting Long-eared Owl or overflying Lapland Bunting. I decided tomorrow will be the morning that I find a Red-flanked Bluetail. Besides, I had a Readers Digest article to finish (How To Be An Urban Birder) and a travel piece on the wonders of Lapland. Both of which should have been in last week.

So what did I do? I went back to bed. I kipped up until 10am. Nipped out for the Sunday papers and a copy of Bird Watching Magazine to check out my latest article - which about when I was an eight year old.

Back at home, I tucked into a bacon butty, watched the football and did anything but finish off my articles. Finally, at around 6pm I sat at my laptop and started writing.

I'm so lazy!

3 comments:

Warren Baker said...

David,
I read your eskimo curlew story in BW Mag. I remember a story remarkably similar to yours, only it was sadder, as one of the curlews was shot and injured, and it's mate had to leave it on a mountainside. It left a deep scar inside me (I was also 8!)

The Urban Birder said...

Hi Warren,

I have a funny feeling that you and I were watching the same film but perhaps I gave it a happier ending?

I have not seen it since I was a kid but it left an indelible impression on me.

David

fake watches uk said...

If you want better timekeeping on your wrist replica watches than the Caliber 0100, you’ll need to strap on a watch with an atomic clock in it. These do exist and replica watches uk require an exotic and separated system that measures a stable form of nuclear fake rolex degradation to basis time keeping around. Those rare watches are anything but elegant (not to mention fake Rolex not wearable or practical). And, as replica rolex Citizen argues, those movements aren’t autonomous either — the Caliber 0100 doesn’t need to rely on a third-party system to gets one second replica Rolex per year accuracy.
The Caliber 0100 is essentially like a typical quartz movement fake watches but on steroids. It also happens to get by with a beefier system while relying on sipping power from a battery rolex replica that is being constantly charged merely by the light. The Caliber 0100 might Rolex replica be the greatest achievement of any Citizen Eco-Drive movement because it generates enough power for a high-frequency quartz movement. How this is fake rolex uk possible is a mystery to me and one that Citizen understandably keeps close.